Watchet Lane Woods, Holmer Green, High Wycombe.

scotty

Anyone used to ride / practise here in the 70's early 80's ? i used to ride my ossa mar (white tank/yellow-p/petty mudgaurds, anyone remember it???) the area near to the road was the best part , the dells we'd call them! anyhow i heard a rumour that high wycombe district council owns the woods , does anyone if this is true? who does own it? , and also heard that it was for sale at some stage and that some trials riders were thinking of buying it?

can anyone shed any light on the above? :D

I used to ride there (still do maybe once or twice a year). I think the council must own it as a lot of trees have been chopped down over the last few years. There was a group thinking of buying it once but there was alot more talk than action.

I seem to remember Richard Allen wore out a number of Fantics and Mecatechnos (Spelling??) in there. It's still got enough challanges for most in the wet!

I got in there late 70s early 80s. Used to drop in on my Garelli Tiger Cross for a lap or two on the way home from school and work. Would have been up there on a Beamish and later on Fantics. Seem to remember the trials lads in Holmer Green looking to buy it, but thought that was the left side of the road as you head toward Little Kingshill.

Thanks for the replies, i think i remember you subira if you used to ride the beamish with a mate(same bike) was it a fantic 200 later? also remember a kawa kt250 being ridin there sometimes some kid from my school as i remember! would there be a problem riding in there now? it would be great to have a ride around my old stomping ground! :hl:

do the council own the whole wood going right back to feather bed lane or just the dells?

cheers Nick. :D