gizza5

Andy, glad you found the year Bernie won, as I knew that he did, just couldn't remember what year!

Schreiber at Achlain, 1982. Can't credit the photographer as no idea who it was, but it would be pretty fair to assume it was Enrico.

schreiber_ssdt_1982.jpg

Andy, glad you found the year Bernie won, as I knew that he did, just couldn't remember what year!

Schreiber at Achlain, 1982. Can't credit the photographer as no idea who it was, but it would be pretty fair to assume it was Enrico.

schreiber_ssdt_1982.jpg

...And on the Saturday he rode with a Killie scarf on......and I got stung on the neck by a ******* wasp; hero worship!!

Edited by Slapshot 3

Biggest part of your bike preperation in the 80's and before that was those bl**dy riding number plates.

Made out of Ally plate one up front and two either side at the rear end. Front was not a problem, but the rears were a bit more tricky especially the one you had to form round the exhaust, then the bracket to attach them. Once you have done all the fabricating there was the small matter of painting them, black background, yellow numbers..........now I am no sign writer, but you used to get some weird and wonderful assortment of modern art.

Then there was the people that liked to do there plates on the Sunday morning before weigh-in, not only bodged their plates together, but the paint was still wet come Monday morning :)

Falling off was quite interesting aswell as these things acted like a double sided sword, ripped a few riding trousers in those days :)

Observers must have better eyesight nowadays as they are capable of seeing the single number up front :thumbup:

Edited by GIZZA5

And that was a joke, before it starts an anti-ballot frenzy... :thumbup:

Actually, I think you were right in your initial response. The event does have a good reputation thus far, after all :D

this,thus,the..... you need to be haggis hurled!..... you know what have that :) ...and have another :)

apologises to all, please continue with your conversation. (excluding HL)

Biggest part of your bike preperation in the 80's and before that was those bl**dy riding number plates.

Made out of Ally plate one up front and two either side at the rear end. Front was not a problem, but the rears were a bit more tricky especially the one you had to form round the exhaust, then the bracket to attach them. Once you have done all the fabricating there was the small matter of painting them, black background, yellow numbers..........now I am no sign writer, but you used to get some weird and wonderful assortment of modern art.

Then there was the people that liked to do there plates on the Sunday morning before weigh-in, not only bodged their plates together, but the paint was still wet come Monday morning :)

Falling off was quite interesting aswell as these things acted like a double sided sword, ripped a few riding trousers in those days :)

Observers must have better eyesight nowadays as they are capable of seeing the single number up front :thumbup:

Gizza,

Change your name to Saunders.......You can get Sammy miller to make yours up :D

Clicky Linky...Post 9

pitty you boys can never get the weather right though

what do you mean? - we do arrange that weather - do you think that you come up here for a holiday? to ponse about in the sun and top up your tan? - no; we book the week of totally unpredictable weather to add to the challenge.

back to your first post:

1983 my first ssdt year as well - 156 fantic (as well) with baconslicer number plates - dropped 566 marks - before you say anything the winner (Tony Gorgot) was the only one under 100 marks - you think its hard now??

will i tell them what you dropped Gizza5?

basically we were riding the same sections you do now but with twinshock bikes and pre-sticky tyres.

Edited by overthehill

pitty you boys can never get the weather right though

what do you mean? - we do arrange that weather - do you think that you come up here for a holiday? to ponse about in the sun and top up your tan? - no; we book the week of totally unpredictable weather to add to the challenge.

back to your first post:

1983 my first ssdt year as well - 156 fantic (as well) with baconslicer number plates - dropped 566 marks - before you say anything the winner (Tony Gorgot) was the only one under 100 marks - you think its hard now??

basically we were riding the same sections you do now but with twinshock bikes and pre-sticky tyres.

greetings OTH hope you and the gang are well.

Go on tell us what Gizza 5 dropped......... :) Can't really say anything, I've never tried :thumbup:

Have you got a calculater :) must admit I was only too glad to finish my first year, and your right Mark they think it is tough now, but must admit the changes have been for the better :)

See you in May, You take care of the course, HL take care of the Admin.....and Slapshot take care of the weather thats what you get paid for GOD DAMN IT............................... :thumbup:

Gizza 5 dropped 654, finished 171st, rode a 156 Fantic, rode number 245, tripped over the 19th rock of the second sub at Camp Hill........ etc, the Schreiber pic was probably Eric's but could have been mine as the TMX pics were all bundled together in those days with no real separation.