The Sun Letter

hrc2002

I've desided it would be a good idea to write a letter to The Sun newpaper, read by the public and if interesting enough we can get it printed...all over the UK. A good way to persuade people?

However we cannot just write in complaining about the usual stuff like the amount of riders slimming and things like that, we need to state that the BBC are tight fisted people and refuse to take any notice on what is such an interesting and skillful sport.

Although if we are going to do this I need some ideas from you guys, list below for me some things you can write about, and is it worth doing this letter?

Many Thanks,

HRC

If it's to the Sun remember to use words of one syllable and mention norks a lot :rolleyes:

:blink::P

I would pick another paper, but you know how it is, cant send it to a bike paper, because everyone rides and is trying to do what were doing, cant send it any of the fancy-a*** papers like The Observer because it for businessy types who dont give a crap about us anyway.

The Sun is for the everyday Joe Bloggs..The ones we need, the ones who care.

HRC

Andy,

One for thing, do you mind If I can copy one or two of your photos to send to The Sun along with the letter, they proberbly wont print the photos, but at least they can get an idea of whats happening.

Of course not. Bet they'd print them if they had topless young ladies draped across them...

Dear The Sun Newspaper,

This letter is mostly concerning the BBC's Sports Personality Of The Year Award which is soon to go on air sometime in the near future.

We, the trials riding community are very concerned with the way one of our top riders is being treated...his name is Dougie Lampkin, a 7 time World Champion who rides for Great Britain but he gets very little recegnition for his work in Trials, how ever he was awarded an MBE in 2002 for his work in Motorcycle Trials.

We do not expect for Dougie to win the Sports Personality award, but just be mentioned or have footage played of Dougie riding.

It is the most skillful of the motorcycle sports, and yet remains the most underestimated.

Reguards,

The Trials Riding Community

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Thats what I have got, anything anyone would like to add, if so click the quote button and change it.

Thanks,

HRC.