Keihin On A 125 Gasser?

seandellear

Hi

I have been thinking of purchasing a keihin pwk 28mm carb for my gas gas 125. I need some opinions on this as I dont want to spend my cash then not be impressed with it. Please could someone give me some feedback. How much difference do they make to the bottom end performance and top end performance? Are they worth the money?

Many thanks

Sean :lol:

More power up top less down low, takes the edge off the bottom.

Depends on how you ride, i ride with alot of revs and the carb works the way i like it, a mate of mine who has just bought an 07 125 rides all on the bottom end so the carb wouldn't do him much good.

hope that made sense :lol:

Edited by north_yorkshire_lad

i have had a kehin carb on all my gasgas's what i have had since 04 and every single bike i have had with a kehin on it has improved all my bikes no end its improves it on the bottom end middrange and top end and my 07 gasser at the moment is absoletly awesome with it on, trust me i know!!! :lol:

i dont know how my dad does it but if he told me he would have 2 shoot me!! :D

no sorry i dont want to get shot, prehaps another day!!! :D put it this way kev hipwell had a go on it at the bvm test day and he said its like his 200!!! if you see me at a trial tap me on the shoulder and ask me for a go on it and lets hear what you say! :lol:

Kehein are onli good if you realy need the power i rode the all the Youth B natioanls with out one but put one on for the last year cus i really needed it. i hav jus put one on my sherco an its runs perfect but they take alot on time to jet them up right and they take alot of maintainig. also u need a stedy hand becus if i bend the floats by even a miilimeter the carb runs ****

:lol:

Thanks for the tip! I wont be getting one, I doubt, until I go up to the next route in our club events wher you have to use the top end more and that will be around January! I would like to try one out before buying one to see if I like it because if not I won't bother!

Thanks for the replies,

sean

Edited by seandellear