Vintage Enduro

scotty

when you say vintage bike do you mean it in the true sense of the word - what i'm really asking is would i be able to ride it on a 1932 Rudge?

I have for some time been thinking that we need a real 'Vintage' reliability trial in this country - something like the ssdt used to be when it first started.

Wouldn't it be good to organise for the Centenary year of the ssdt (2011) a vintage reliability trial around tracks and unmetalled roads in the Scottish highlands.

you could handicap the bikes with the older the bike the less handicap and a free entry to anyone entering on a bike pre 1920.

anyone out there fancy organising such an event ?

You could try an MCC trial: http://www.themotorcyclingclub.org.uk/

They've been running since the early 1900s and haven't change much.

I think the oldest bike that's regularly used is a 1930 Scott. Any bike's allowed to enter, but most use a trail bike or old British machine.

See the website, send me a PM or e-mail me (the motorcycle PR, address on the MCC contacts page) if further info required.

Cheers,

Ian.

• 10 months later...

As davidwa has previously mentioned The Ryedale Rally in North Yorkshire accepts ANY street legal machine.

We have previously had old BSA`s, a Sunbeam, Royal Enfields, old BMW`s, Honda 90`s, we have even had some Peugeot scooters.

All the above machines run in the trailbike class, if we have enough entries, we would run a seperate class, so get your entries from.

http://www.enduro-neec.org.uk/

:dunce: