Fantic 200.. What A Bike!

stefan

On 12/7/2006 at 8:51 PM, wilsyfm403 said:

Have you seen the mods for fantic clutches on Trials central? I have modded my 300 and a friends 200 with it and it works a treat look at the actuator arm on the back of the engine this needs to be extended about 20mm then fabricate a new cable mount from steel/ally, that bolts onto the old mount but takes the clutch cable across 20mm and down about 10 mm. I made mine from ally and incorperated a cable adjuster into it.

The engine needs to come out to do it really. There are pics of the mod by others on here some where!!

Good luck where about are you in the land of the long white cloud?

Sorry for the intrusion without introducing me but just read this post and i have a similar issue of hard clutch lever on my Fantic 200 (Minarelli); so, i whould like to ask you where on Trial Central there is the description of these clutch mods  you are talking about.

Fulvio

26 minutes ago, Ful said:

Sorry for the intrusion without introducing me but just read this post and i have a similar issue of hard clutch lever on my Fantic 200 (Minarelli); so, i whould like to ask you where on Trial Central there is the description of these clutch mods  you are talking about.

Fulvio

Note that user hasn't logged in for the past 16 years 

Modifications to make a cable operated clutch work lighter are not model specific, everybody does the same thing, replace the cable because nothing works as good as a new cable, extend the length of the lever that actuates the clutch because that is how leverage works, reducing the number or strength of the springs that hold the clutch plates together because then you are not working against as strong of a force, but increasing the likelihood of clutch slippage under load.  Lastly replace the cable with hydraulics because hydraulics perform amazing compared to any cable.

If your clutch cable is not new, replacing the cable is the cheapest and best option for lightening the clutch pull force and minimizing the travel distance at the lever.