nigel dabster

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Mines a 06, it too runs rich

Soot everywhere in the exhaust, and plugs changed regularly

Tried standard, and mitani pipe, both full of soot.

Doesn't seem to affect the running of it, i'm just curious

what gives, is it a glitch with the injection system?

Does the PTB sort it?

..................cheersmonty...try a hotter plug!...we never run stock plugs

also, try racing gas, if you can find some........................massso

well i see its not just me with this problem then collin appleyards still have the bike with the programable throttle body but as of yet no word ?? just out of curiosity can any people with the 05 models confirm if this problem affects there bikes or is it an 06 fault ??

...................I have one of the first bikes out!!!.........no problems at all...no fauling , but have had to replace a few plugs, ..................I think tthe problem is the bloody oily filter, put in a 315 filter instead...........

A comment on the rich condition being discussed. I've done some thinking about adapting modern 4T engines to the unique demands of trials. One of the problems is that a 4T engine can be easily stalled at low rpm if the throttle is quickly opened wide. Maybe the mfgs are trying to prevent this with a max rich mixture. This would reduce the instant lean that occurs when fuel cannot respond as quickly as air. Not a big problem when the rpms are up, but in thump mode just one gulp of lean mixture can be a big surprise. You get drag when you expected thrust.

When you wack the throttle on a 2T engine there's a fresh, correct ratio, mixture just waiting in the crankcase. 4T engines may need to use a computer controlled throttle, or direct injection to make them more stall proof. You would think injection in the port near the valve would handle it.

From a 4T lover

I HAVE AN 06 4RT

THEY DO RUN RICH (COLD)

THEY FOUL PLUGS RUNNING FROM COLD

ANYONE WITH A PTB CAN CHANGE THE AIR/FUEL MIX

ITS VERY VERY HARD TO STALL A 4RT

I WISH SOMEONE WOULD LET YOU RIDE A 4RT

THEN COMMENT

.................disagreement here.....I stall mine all the time in third!...first and second , no problem.....

the problem is answered from 4t lover...above..........its only when I'm going over an obstical, and blip the throttle , stall................must learn new riding style.

figured a heavier flywheel wood help, but no luck on findiing one or room to add on inside the cases.......................do try a hotter plug .....................massso

• 4 weeks later...

Yea. i ordered mine before christmas took over a month and they told me they had stock!!

worth the wait though. I have fitted a mitani full system runs and sounds terrific ! a little louder than normal but a much sweeter sound. No plug fouling and starts easy. I havent stalled it yet either. Done two trials on it and had two second places.