Haven Trials Test Day.

physco

with all the intrest on the site on trials test days did any body go to the haven one yesterday.i never got chance due to work commitments but wonderd what it was like?was the new beta four stroke thier and did any dody try it?

What a great day. Well organised and freindly. Thanks to Haven Trialsport and all the distributors that turned up with their full selection of bikes. The venue was an old quarry with plenty of space and variety of sections. Some people had great fun on scarey hill climbs!

I think I managed to ride every '07 bike on market in one day including the Beta and Scorpa 4 strokes.

Here some thoughts on the more memorable ones:

Montesa 4rt - seems slightly softer and more 'tractable' than my '06 Repsol, still the 'Mercedes Benz' of bikes after riding everthing else. The best (only just).

Beta 4T- Fantastic! Smooth, quiet, very easy to ride and confidence boosting. But not as much top end grunt as the Montesa. This bike will upset Montesa sales at Clubmen level.

Scorpa SY250F - Very different to the above, engine sounded more like old school 4 stroke. Acquired taste in this company.

Scorpa SY175F - Suprise of the day. Great fun to ride, super easy, smoooothest engine incredable grip. Best value bike on the market. Big rock steps... I don't think so. But if you are riding for fun check this out.

After trying all these one can't help but think that the future is 4 stroke....

Nigel.

the haven test day was very good i think, could easily get on a bike within 30 minutes and yes the beta 4t was there it sounded very quite compared to the montesa 4rt. one bike i must say i was impressed with was the montesa 4rt, even though it felt very heavy compared to the 2 strokes i must say it has hell of alot of power and for my first ride on a 4 banger i was very impressed with it overall. the beta 200 also has alot of power and is very sharp but most of all i like the new gasser 250 truly awesome bike, shame the little scorpa 4 tricks wont there loved that last year :D overall a great day and thanks alot to all at haven for organising the event :D