Clutch Problem?

brutus

I have my 2001 TXT 280 now for two months and have changed all the oil but still have problems with getting it in neutral. It's impossible to get the bike in neutral while standing still, it's only possible if you let the bike roll. Anyone suggestions?

What gearbox oil are you running? I have found finding neutral on my 06 125 gasser and my old 03 125 gasser a real pain. If you blip the engine with the clutch into the bars and do it with your hand it is easier! I am now running elf htx 740 which gasgas recomend and although it is expensive it is fantastic much smoother clutch and very easy to find neutral! However I have always there is a bit of a nack to it!

Edited by seandellear

Personally I would use the recommended gearbox oil but before I knew what that was I used to use Castrol ATF, great for the dragging clutch but you have to change it very frequently to keep the lubricating properties up! So Im guessing it is what ever works for you really! I have heard great things about motul dexron III being great in the gasgas gearboxes but not sure about using it in the pre-pro models? Someone must do though! :blush:

Personally I would use the recommended gearbox oil but before I knew what that was I used to use Castrol ATF, great for the dragging clutch but you have to change it very frequently to keep the lubricating properties up! So Im guessing it is what ever works for you really! I have heard great things about motul dexron III being great in the gasgas gearboxes but not sure about using it in the pre-pro models? Someone must do though! :bouncy:

Thought you were a ky man sean....lol :chairfall:

Rode the bike again yesterday ( 3rd time after changing oil) and it seems like it's getting better (or maybe i'm getting better at it?) I also lessened the leverplay,not to much so there's still a bit of freeplay left.

I believe this is... How Mickeysoft puts it... An undocumented feature of the gasgas :thumbup:

Actually despite it being a pain at times it does have its plus sides... For example I have never yet found neutral in a section at the wrong time. In my opinion either leave it as it is or start paying out on new clutch plates, oil etc to try to solve a problem that will probably not go away anyway.