Sherco Help!

motofire

I posted this on TC but wanted to try this forum also...

I am in the process of trying to register my new to me(used)2006 Sherco 2.9. Problem is 3 of the characters of the vin were scraped off from normal wear and tear from some of the cables and the registry will not reg it.

If anyone out there would be so kind to run out to your Sherco and give me the 10th,11th and 12th character off your vin from your bike I would GREATLY apprecaite it. Its located on the right side of your steering stem and starts with VNBS....

Again...I really appreciate this!

Is your insurance company prepared to insure your bike on the frame number, as my insurance company will not do this anymore. Can the group recommend any companies to go to. I need a group policy to cover my KTM200, Scorpa SY, Fantic 205, Yamaha SRX660 and Harris Matchless. It is the Fantic and Scorpa that need registering.

A little follow up to this.

After a few attempts at registering the bike I was unsucessful because I kept getting a combination of 3 characters off for the vin. The registration would not go through. This made me nervous about the bike because without proper registration I would not legally be able to ride the Sherco in the areas that I frequently ride. Upon a suggestion from rtclick I contacted Sherco USA and told them my problem. I talked with Mike there and he took some info from me and within 15 minutes he had called me back with accurate info.....I now sit with a legally registered bike in my garage. Great customer service from RYP.

motofire Posted Dec 15 2006, 05:27 PM

QUOTE(sirhc @ Dec 15 2006, 07:02 PM)

The '06 that I had was * 5AD* as 10th, 11th & 12th

Thanks...Are you sure thats a "D" and not a "zero".

Ya, that's the wrong letters, I couldn't read the bike eithier. I had to call RYP because I lost the MSO for my '06 Sherco that I had sold and the new owner needed it. I gave them the wrong number too and in a few days the new MSO came with the correct numbers :bouncy: It's kind of cool you also get a Ryan Young autograph with it :chairfall: