240 Engine $

axulsuv

:bouncy: What is the general consensus of what a complete , rusty , unknown condition 240 pro motor may be worth ? I'm always looking to add to my pile of fantic parts !!!! And what other engine's can be massaged into a 240 frame ? since I have a spare frame I can modify ! Edited by axulsuv

Hi Glenn,

I would pay abot 125 euros max for a broken engine if it was complete. Its worth it for the ignition and clutch basket (which likes to loose teeth). If the kickstart shaft is ok then its sort of a bonus...if i rebuild a front kick engine I like to put a later shaft in anyway...no o-ring groove and no weak point. Also the drive dogs on second gear wear which causes a 5 when it jumps out in a section . (Dont I know it!!!)

A busted engine is also good for the flywheel cover which we like to crack and maybe the barrel if it is replated to allow us to break some fins.... , although they are weldable.

I have a runner here which I will sell in evil bay as do I have a 301. I expect to get about 400-450 euros for each. All forward kick engines will fit with some mods to the frame, hammer flat or cut as you like. Its personal choice. The flywheel protector bar will have to be removed in any case. A section motor would fit but where ewould you put the rad.....

I would also recommend putting a top mount onto it to stiffen up the headstock...I posted some pictures previously.

http://www.trialscentral.com/forums/index....c=10715&hl=

All I need to do is find the time now to finish my 303 engined 340....jersey is coming up sooooon.!

Lee

Edited by Lee Harris