300 Engine

wilsyfm403

Hello, ideas and help needed, where can i get my 300 barrel rechromed and new piston, or does any one have any bits that might be of some use as mine decided to sieze on saturday.

Do any other engines fit or are the other 301 302 303ect engine parts compatable?

Happy new year and all.

Hi.

i dont know anything about the 300's,but on my 200 twinshock i sent my barrel and head of to jetbore,they matched it with a suzuki TS175 Piston,but be aware of matche's when it come's back to you you might have to cut the piston up abit and make a thicker base gasket and the barrel wont be chromed, but bike run's perfect with the conversion on the 200.

you might be lucky and someone on here might have the origanal part's your looking for?

jetbore..01902 739650

it's worth giving them a call,they knew what they was talking about with my 200.

cheer's :bouncy:

All forward kick fantic motors will fit. I have a 301 and a303 engined 300. A 305/7/9 will also fit but is the reed valve bit in the spirtit of things?

I have a 301 motor but 1) I have it here in germany and 2) it has a slight top end rattle anyway....

A 301 Top end will fit on the 300 bottom end but a 300 top end will not fit on a 301 bottom end....cos of the flywheel size and the cutout for it.

If you get a barrel plated anywhere, send them the piston (300 through 303 pistons are all the same). The plater will match the barrel clearance to the piston, usually 0.04-0.05mm

Pistons are available from Billy Pye or maybe Steeve Goode but expect to pay 130 quid at least plus about the same for the plating. I know you wont want to here this but a new piston and bore might knock out the mains and big end of your motor quite quickly so think about a complete rebuild maybe....

Lee

Edited by Lee Harris