Wheel Anodizing/powdercoating

seandellear

Hi all,

I now finally have a job and a wodge of cash that is burning a whole in my pocket so I am thinking of getting my wheels coloured. :D The rims coloured yellow with the side walls polished and the huds done in black and my spokes coloured alternately yellow and black! However please give me your opinion on this colour scheme! (My gasser is yellow by the way)!

Also, what do you think the best coatings would be? Anodizing for the rims, powdercoat for the hubs and spokes?

I would prefer them to be able to do the wheel building but dont mind seeking a wheel builder if I have to.

I would just like some advice on where I might be able to get this done and what you think the overall cost may be.

Many thanks,

Sean

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone have any contact information for candy wheels? I did a google search but can't find there site!

I don't get TMX either! I have heard some bad things on here about them keeping wheels for like 5 weeks at a time and people not being able to get in contact with them! Do you think they will be ok?

Cheers

Sean

Jesus sean,new boot's aswell what's your new job mate bank robber.

did you see the new 4 stroke beta there,neat little engine i must admit.

Shop around on the wheel front mate you might find somewhere more local. :D

i used to use dream machine year's ago for spray job's not sure if they do wheel's though,there based in crawley.

Edited by bilco

Yes I did! Looks lovely! Im actually a cleaner at my local junior school! I paid for the boots with all of my christmas money+work so that was alrite! I have been saving it for a good few months now though just spending little bits of it on tit bits for the bike! Christmas set us back about a month though!

I have been thinking of doing this for a while now on and off and now i have the money i think i will go for it! :D

Cheers

Sean

P.S Thanks Bilco will see if they are about on google!

Edit:- I can only find a dream machine paint company in Nottingham! I don't mind sending them to Candy wheels as they can collect and deliver for

Edited by seandellear

post-1725-1168124422.jpg

Depending on what people think of candy wheels decides where i go next really!

Please keep the replys coming as I have got all exited now I have seen some pictures! :D

One more thing (sorry about this), How long do you think it will be between sending them off and getting back? I know this will vary between companies but Can someone give me a general time?

Cheers

Sean

Can't fault candy wheels, did a brilliant job on my wheels. Think it's about a week turnaround for the rims, not sure for rims, hubs and spokes tho!

Edited by markygas