Wheel Anodizing/powdercoating

seandellear

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes thats what I started to think and it is growing on me the more I think about it! The thing is my ******* printers playing silly buggers now! Computers! <_< I will think long and hard tomorow about the colour scheme for it! Anyway im off to bed now!

See you later! <_<

Cheers for now

Sean

Ok then I have booked my wheels in for anodized gasgas yellow rims and powdercoated black hubs with anodized black sprocket! I have just sent an email asking if its possible to have the rims powdercoated as I think this will give a deeper and nicer yellow to them! Although now I am thinking that having the yellow rims on a yellow bike will be too much yellow? <_< Am I just being paranoid because its quite abit of money and if looks shocking its gonna cost a load to remove?

Andy_290 Was this gasgas you saw a yellow one? Did it not have too much yellow?

Please help me on this and just give your opinions!

Cheers,

Sean

The one I saw was an 07 in standard red and black with the yellow wheels, looked great

Cheers Jack mate! The re looks awful don't you think?lol I have coloured in a couple of images one with yellow rims and black hubs and on with black rims and yellow hubs! They both look wicked so so still deciding on what to chose! Cheers Andy! I have some print outs now so will colour them in! I have to make some choices! <_<

Cheers

Sean

Edited by seandellear

Cheers Jack! This is how I am planning to get them done, with the yellow powdercoated and the hubs powdercoated! it's how I originally planned and I just needed some reasurance!lol I have a couple of printed out different pictures which I have coloured one with black rims and yellow hubs and the other as above! It was a close call but after adding in the carbon I have all over it which is the front forks, front pipe, frame guards, complete silencer guard and swing arm guards there would be too much black if I did it with black rims! The yellow looks great IMHO! <_<

Cheers for everyones advice and help on this subject and I will post some piccys when I get them on the bike in early Feb!

Thanks alot to everyone especially to Steve, Andy, Jack and Essex rider! ( I know someone will do it so I will get in there first. lol) <_<

Cheers,

Sean :crying:

Edited by seandellear

• 3 weeks later...

Now then! Due to putting a bloody ugly and very large dent in my fuel tank the wheels have been posponed to a later date! Essex rider has just told me about this gasser on ebay with exactly what I was going to have done and Im glad I have seen the pictures as I don't like it! lol

Clicky

Im stumped now! :banana2:

Edit:-Sorry wrong picture a minute ago thats the correct one now!

post-2647-1170368418.jpg

Edited by seandellear

personally id go for anodised rims in yellow and black anodised hubs. it would look like Ricky Carmicheals suzuki wheels then, the yellow anodise isnt a sunbust yellow its a weird off yellow and looks great imo.

i dont know if anyone has mentioned this place yet as im too lazy to read the whole thread but CandyWheels.co.uk are meant to be really good at this kinda stuff.

Yes I know of them thanks! I have heard a couple of bad reports from people about them keeping wheels for 5 or 6 weeks! :D I was going to use 1schoicewheels.co.uk but I have seen the black rims aswell and not sure if I like them either! :banana2:

I hate decisions! :blink:

:beer: What was the name again,sean or shan. :banana2:

:blink:

I know I'm fussy! But I don't want the bike to look crap! lol The sherco's do come already done but then there are many others out there the same and the bike is not individual! I just want to personalise it a little to make it mine if you know what I mean! Gold may be cool! Alan Ayres used to have a sherco with gold wheels and that looked unreal! They sometimes have them on ebay so will check it out! :D

Cheers

Sean