Sherco Air Box

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep - good idea, I've been pasting kitchen sealant down the side, but as I use the zip tie method to save my mudguard (and regularly make use of it), it's not been going so well. I'll have to give the draught excluder a try.

From another angle, also they put a plastic boot over the intake rubber on the 03 and 04 models, to stop mud and water splashing up from the front, this makes it a pain to try and line it all up when installing the carb and airbox, I, Sheeet can, it and just put a piece of duct tape over the same place.

post-11-1080598430.jpg

Edited by ishy

I find that a lot of the "splash" comes from the right hand side of the exhaust. (When looking from the rear) Try putting a smal piece of foamin that part. The draught excluder looks agood idea though.

Just wondering where does the box actually breathe from - the front?

Indoor!!!!!

Even a Gasser could survive the waterfall. Can't believe Martin put it in as the last section. If it had been section 1 Raga might not have made it to the end.

If they had an open air arena trial, spot of rain, and Raga's mechanics would be sweating eh?

They should make the Gasser airbox clear. At least it would be some use then - Goldfish.

:huh:

GG and Sherco boxs are as bad as one another if you ask me....never get any water in my old TY :huh:

At the last mountain trail Mark Wells GG got drowned out & I noticed James Francis Sherco had problems with water in the box at the last Oswestry trial.....Shouldn't have to put up with that in this day and age.

Slight change of subject...Marky G...I'm eagerly awaiting some piccies of your alterations to the Scorpa 125....are they not finished yet??....if they are..then stop teasing us,,,I'm sure I'm not the only one waiting to see that lovely new fuel tank etc. :huh:

I don't know what thew problem is with you insecure buggers, you seem to know what bike is best for everyone, and it's always the bugger you own, and in reality you know sweet FA.

I put some pictures up for other owners of sherco's, on how I prepare my sherco, if you don't ride one don't go posting childish crap on my topics how you hear this and saw that, I don't want to know!!!

:huh:

Edited by ishy

I don't know what thew problem is with you insecure buggers, you seem to know what bike is best for everyone, and it's always the bugger you own,  and in reality you know sweet FA.

I put some pictures up for other owners of sherco's, on how I prepare my sherco, if you don't ride one don't go posting childish crap on my topics how you hear this and saw that, I don't want to know!!!

:wacko:

Jesus Ishy, Chill out dude :huh: did you mention the word "insecure"......

Not sure I agree entirely, but as it's been edited to "buggers" I'm more inclined to concede than I would have been :huh: . Fine line between a bit of banter and what you're describing I suppose - I'll never be too upset by people having a pop at Sherco though.

As a GasGas and a Sherco owner, over the past couple of years, I've had my problems with water - probably as much as anyone with expensive repair bills on the Gasser. One of my main reasons for buying Sherco was the apparent inability to keep water out of the Gasser, although the Sherco suffers from it on a lesser scale.

The fact that airboxes have got worse over the years is probably a side effect of most of the development being carried out in warmer climates at the same time as trying to reduce bulk/weight (inc lowered seats).

Doesn't seem inconceivable that if the factory really were that bothered about the situation, they couldn't provide some sort of an air intake which is a little more concealed.

A teat in the bottom of the airbox seems like a bit of an afterthought.

Mind you - with the Sherco I've had the airbox off a few times 'before' power washing the bike and never seen anything in at all at that point. The power washing is the bit that floods it, which as far as I'm concerned isn't a problem, it just doesn't get started before its stripped down.

Probably find that most problems with water and muck in the airbox/carb are caused by not stripping it between rides. I've done it before when I've been working away all week, but not any more - lesson learnt - takes about 20 minutes from start to finish so its not worth the risk.

Chill People :wacko: