Montessa Brakes

shercorhu125

Hiya

Being doing the brakes on my 02 315R , no problem with the front bled easy enough and is as you would expect.

However the rear is a different story, its doing my head in, fluid is at the caliper, emerging through the nipple but cannot get sufficient pressure to operate pistons.

Anybody got any advice as it would be much appreciated.

cheers <_<

Make sure there is plenty fluid in reservoir

Slacken bleed nipple keep spanner on nipple

SLOWLY press back brake pedal bubbles will come out of nipple

Keep brake pedal pressed and retighten nipple and release brake pedal

repeat as many times as nesc until bubbles stop coming out of nipple you should feel pressure on the pedal now

• 3 weeks later...
Hiya

Being doing the brakes on my 02 315R , no problem with the front bled easy enough and is as you would expect.

However the rear is a different story, its doing my head in, fluid is at the caliper, emerging through the nipple but cannot get sufficient pressure to operate pistons.

Anybody got any advice as it would be much appreciated.

cheers :D

when we bled my montesa 315r rear brake we took the caliper off but left pipe connected put a piece of metal between brake pads and held caliper so bled nipple was the highest point also it is a good idea to squeeze pipe from reservior to master cylinder to remove air from pipe also you could try just opening bled nipple and letting fluid run through

try tapping the brake hose gently while bleeding this may release any trapped bubbles. Failing that get a syringe from a vets and fill the system from the bleed nipple back to the reservoir

whs! get a syringe and a tube and bleed the break backwards, nipple to res. its works a hell of alot better and you can be 100% sure youve got all the air out as you know how much oil is left in the syringe instead of watching the nipple and the res and pressing the break pedal.