Beta Problem

jack_h

hey all

when i wait in a big queue for a length of time with the bike ticking over i then enter the section and when it comes to a big climb the engine dies and refuses to restart until I take the spark plug ,which is well sooted, out and clean it, it will then restart.

could this be down to the size of the main jet as the bike came from a good rider and as it also drinks alot of fuel?

thanks for all the help

jack_h

well, it is perhaps due to carbeuration problems, but probably only needs a slight adjustment on the pilot screw. It is likely that the soot is simply a build up of unburnt two stroke oil which is intended to burn at higer temperatures than the engine reaches just ticking over. Stop the bike if you are in a cue, and i suppose 'clean out your motor' as Ryan young says on his training vids before you come to an obstacle. When they rev the engines at Sheffield before getting to an obstacle they are just clearing the engine.

Bob

Edit: jack you need to make your signature clearer!

Edited by bob

At first glance your signature suggests that betas drool, perhaps make the correction underneath a darker colour? <_<

Yeah, i reckon a little tinker with the air/fuel screw should sort it, go for what gives best throttle pickup, but no pinking.

If the screw is towards the back of the carb, screwing it in will make it run richer since it cuts off the air, if it is towards the front of the carb, screwing it in will do the opposite since it cuts down the fuel.

Bob

Jack

Re the beta problems.... i had recent problems with my 250 techno, had the carb setup properly, and it ran very well.

However today, my first trial, I left the bike ticking over, getting myself and my stuff ready for the start, and the bike just died. tried to get it going again, but couldn't. Changed the plug, but made no difference.

Sounds a bit simialar with the fact that you had problems after your bike had been sitting before the start of a section.

Got my bike home today, and it started, but having problems keeping it runing.

Hope you get it sorted.

Neil <_<

Had a similar problem with my daughters beta 125 06 adjustment on the mixture screw and a jet kit sorted it for normal use but had problems when leaving the bike to warm up on tick over. Spoke to lampkins and they explained the 125s don't like being left on tick over for long they get bogged down and will stop with the result of being a bugger to start again, usually needing at least one clean plug change. The advice was to warm up by blipping the throttle (not revving the nuts off though). It also misbehaves if she leaves the petrol on after washing etc and it sits in the garage for any length of time same symptoms same cure. It seams that

Edited by fantic156