2002 315r Fuel Mixture &engine Oil

hewson

:banana2: hi again posted topic yesterday no replys anyway bought the bike , anybody tell me wots best fuel mixture to run on manual says 80;1 been sometime since owning a 2 stroke bike also best engine oil wot are you experts running on( also is valvoline synpower full syn 2 stroke any good got some with bike info would be very very very helpfull. :dunce:

I'm in America, so I'm probably no help, but here's what I run:

VP Racing Motosport 103 (99 octane, prevents pinging)

Yamalube 2-stroke oil at 1.5 ounce per gallon.

I have had zero engine problems and the bike has been ridden frequently for 9 years.

The recommended gearbox oil is ELF HTX740 expensive but very good will cure or dramatically improve any clutch drag or disengagement problems. Mixture is 80-1 on fully synthetic premix (ELF HTX976 if my memory serves me is the recommended) but I've been told by so many dealers and importers in the past that trials bike run much better at about 70-1 on semi synthetic that I would recommend semi all day long. There are lots of discussions and ideas on gearbox oil and the best premix in other threads. Have a search through the history in the Montesa section and you will probably find all the answers you need. 'O' finally always use premium petrol i.e. BP ultimate or Esso optimax. :banana2: