315r Clutch

dr nick

My clutch is like a switch , its either engaged or not.

I have tried different oils but none seem to make a difference.

Recently its started to make a squeal type noise sometimes (not constantly) when I try and hold it in a section

My last bike was a beta Techno :guinness: and the clutch on that was very gradual and being a complete beginner it realy helped me , but now I`ve got this Mont I just cant get used to it.

I`m only a novice rider and I find it very difficult controling the bike through tricky sections compared to the old Techno.

Are all 315 clutches like this ????

I have heard about putting in cr250 plates , has anyone on here tried them , or using them ????

I had this problem when I first got my bike too, it was either on or off! What you need is a set of Sureflex dimpled clutch plates and the proper friction plates, mine turned out to have a motocross set hence on or off ( all cork plates!), if you get in touch with Sandifords they can supply you with what you need.Check first but when you take the plates out you should have four cork and three paper plates plus the metal plates, as I mentioned mine were all the same,apparently the CR250 uses the same so that was my problem! but with the sureflex and the correct friction plates it is very progressive,totally transformed.It is a very simple job to do and I just used the Silkolene light gear oil,which I change frequently.although being new to this I am open to suggestion to a better oil?! :guinness:

Having had 3 315's over the last 8yrs and now 4rt I would suggest ATF oil first. Since using ATF never had problems with the clutch on any of 315's always had good action and progressive feel. If changing oil to AFT does not work then would suggest something is wrong with plates or actuator.

ATF oil is designed for use in the multiple clutch packs of automatic gear boxes and seems to work well in Montesa clutches.