Dads Got A 4rt

the addict

First day out for dad today on his new toy, absolutley loved it :guinness: loads of grip on the banks and hopping and flicking about just like the 2 stroke. Brakes seemed a bit weak? maybe need bedding in a little but any help would be good if anyone else has had this problem on the new bike?

Lowered the gearing a little (43 rear I think) but still abit high, whats everyone else running?

Nice to see him on a new bike at last :D he deserves it, just hope he doesnt get much better on it though

ahhhhhhhh dont think he would want me to say :D hes not me real dad but we all call him that. Hes had a 315 for the past 6 years so not a big change in weight and size of bike the 4rt and yer hes a fit bugger alright, 8 hours of riding today.

Both front and rear brakes were not strong at all despite a good clean a couple of times in the day? but he was well pleased with the bike and cant wait to get out next week. He was actually getting the bike to hop around better than the 315 which was impressive, just got to get used to the gearing abit over the next few weeks.

I was seriously tempted to have a go on it, but thought better of it incase it was really good, i will have a go when I can afford one :guinness:

Edited by Betarev3

I had an 05 4rt had 07 for two weeks I thought the brakes were weak at first but they are much improved now. My son has an 07 250 sherco he says my brakes are better than his!! I run a 46 tooth rear as the four stroke pulls gears for ever but trying out sprockets is the best way.

He looks like this now when on it :D Off it he :guinness: and when you ask him for a go he replys :D

When we are having a drink we look over at Dad and he is :o.

We think he is doing as he is told at the mo but she in doors is a little :crying:

He seemed to be getting on with it all right for the first time out on it i even wont a go.

Dads like a 6 year old at Christmas morning :rotfl: he loves the thing and rides it like hes been on it years. The Mitani site has never had so many hits since he bought it, already remortgaging the house to buy some add ons.

Brakes felt better yesterday and he was pleased with the bike in the muddy ride we had on Sunday :rotfl: me and Ralph only heard one shout of F***ng grip you T****er all day :D He will be polishing and rubbing it as we speak and admiring how well made it is :D and he may even wash the bike tomorrow :thumbup:

Out for 6 hours today with dad :rotfl: hes getting too good on the bloody thing for my liking :D I will have to pump his tyre up abit Sunday when hes not looking :D 8lbs should do the trick. Desperate to have a go on it but abit worried I will like it and want one, bank account wont have it just yet, have to give it a few months :rotfl:

He is like Amos at the moment flicks and kick and a leg out here and there and a few back wheel hops he is like 15 years younger (that still make him 60 ish i think). He got a toothless grin on his face all the time.

It must be easyer or less effort to ride than his old 315 because he has not wet himself since he has had it, no little wet marks when he does a flick turn.

He must walk like John Wayne in the mornings after all the hours him and Just spend on their bikes. I think they both got a problem. When i got there toda...............

Sorry going off track abit yes Dad is pleased with his 4rt and is riding it very well.