Heavy Clutch

slack

Hello everybody, the topic today for all you to solve is my mates clutch on a GG300pro. it's quite heavy & he says it makes his hand ache after a few laps so he has to use all his fingers to pull the ckutch in.i've got to admit its alot hevior than my scorpa clutch. He's tried bleeding it but it is still the same,any ideas folks. thanks alot.

The most likely answer is that the clutch plates have swollen slightly, This means taking the clutch basket out and measuring the thickness of all the plates together if they measure more than 9.75mm this is probable the problem, You will need you buy an alternate plate to reduce in down to 9.75mm.

Yep.

Thats exactly what the problem is the clutch plates have swollen above the 9.75mm max allowable tolerance, if you remove the clutch plates both friction and steel as they come from the bike and measure them with a vernire caliper you'll see straight away, it might only be as much as 9.85 but believe me it makes all the difference.

Mine were about 9.85-9.90, I contacted Kev at gasgas uk and he advised either replace the whole clutch package or buy a thinner steel plate to bring the clutch pack back down to the 9.75 tolerance.

I replaced the whole clutch and what a difference. The reason for the clutch plates swelling might be changing to a different oil or perhaps a water contamination in the past as it was with mine, my water pump seal went and all my water ended up in the oil.

cheers. :D