Fantic 205... Possibly? Advice Needed!

iains1976

Hi,

i have just bought what i have been told is a Fantic 205 but i know nothing about it. I will get some pictures sorted out when it stops raining! I have a few questions i need answers to if anyone can help..?

What cc is it?

does anyone know if i can get a manual on cd or book? (cant find anything on ebay!)

what is the fuel/oil mixture suposed to be?

whats it worth??!

Its got nearly new michelin xII tyres and has been well looked after. new fork seals and back shock has been overhauled and works on all adjustments. new wheel bearings front and back. the mudguard is new and its got brand new renthal bars and grips, new brake pads, new chain + sprocket, filters... and so on. It starts almost first kick... after i realised i was trying to kick it the wrong way!!??!

I paid

I used to have a 1989 305 Fantic which was 249cc. I guess the 205 is a small bore maybe 125cc. Is it bright orange? I sold mine 6 years ago for what you paid for yours but mine was beat up. I had a manual but it was in Italian. All the rear hubs on the 305s cracked and other areas are prone to cracking. I had welds on the forks, engine and subframe.

That's the same color scheme as mine was so it must be the 89 model, the first year of the orange which continued for two more models. For the 250s during the 80's to early 90's the models went 301, 303, 305, 307, 309 then K-Roo, Key Roo. The 89 125cc model I think was called a 245 so you might actually have the 249cc 305 model.

I used to own one. it was a 'Series 5' Flourescent orange tank, forks & hubs with white mudguards - the rear being a single seat unit that ran from the back of the tank.

The engine is 156cc, essentially an evolution of the Fantic 200 engine. I think it was an '89 model but I owned it 2nd hand for a year or two so can't really stretch my memory that far back!

Thanks for all the advice!

here are a few pictures.

fantic2.jpg

fantic3.jpg

fantic1.jpg

tank.jpg

hub.jpg

engine.jpg

you can see from the pictures of the front hub that it used to be orange but has been cleaned back to the bare metal.

the fork legs and yokes have been powder coated white recently... so there is every chance that they were orange once upon a time. you can see by where the stickers used to be on the tank picture and it looks like it said 205 or something?

the frame looks a bit grubby but i can assure you its just a heartening layer of grease all over it! i said it was looked after but not exactly sparkling clean... but trials bikes aint supposed to be clean... right? :rotfl:

the guy told me it was a 1990 but from what some of you are saying this might not be right...??