Name That Trial.

doogle

At the beginning of 2004 (early January I think)I rode in a road trial. It was somewhere off the A44 in Herefordshire/Worcestershire area. It started from a pub car park. I think the Cowley brothers were riding and Paul Millhouse.

The first group of sections was in a muddy stream bed, the 2nd on a wooded steep bank that was nigh on impossible to ride in the conditions. Then there were more groups around stream beds and steep banks coming out/ into them.

It was a really good trial and just wanted to know the name so I could look out for it next year. I have looked in TMX for it every year since, but either miss it or it's no longer run.

Cheers

Dave

Edited by Doogle

sounds like the kings norton group trial to me as well, 2nd group is a steep wooded bank called clifton woods which are near impossible when the conditions are bad.

trial is on 11th march and regs are in tmx at the moment.

Edited by spudsdad

I did the first round of the Midland Centre Group Trials Championship in January, started at a pub and just north of the M42, junction 2 I think? lots of slippy climbs and wet boggy streams. Big old lap, about 20 odd miles, think the Trial always starts from there every year.

I should have stayed in the pub for the day though :D after the way I rode, probably would have even fell off the bloody bar stool the way things went :stoned:

Edited by Betarev3

You've got me here....

The Vale of Evesham started from Grove Quarry in 2004.

The Colmore started from Lemington Lakes.

The Leamington Victory Group trial starts from a pub, but miles away from the A44.

The Vic Britain also starts from a pub but Clee hill isn't exactly on the A44 either.

You've got me here....

The Vale of Evesham started from Grove Quarry in 2004.

The Colmore started from Lemington Lakes.

The Leamington Victory Group trial starts from a pub, but miles away from the A44.

The Vic Britain also starts from a pub but Clee hill isn't exactly on the A44 either.

Thanks but I don't think it's any of them. I have ridden in the 2 trials that start from the Red LIon at Earlswood., and the Colmore and it wasn't the Vic Brittain.

Kings Norton rings a bell and the Clifton woods bit. That might be the one.

Thanks for your help lads.

Pete, what about the Trial end of last year that was near Alcester? maybe on the A44?

The Terrys Cup, organised by the Redditch Club. That starts from Davis' Yard, and it's quite a way from the A44.

The description fits the Colmore in 2004 starting from Lemington lakes. That's just a mile from the A44 but plainly not a pub.

Edited by scorpa3

Doogle, regs here for the Kings Norton Trial

Mid Centre

Thanks, This one looks about the right location. If I remember correctly the pub was white, and you parked on the road outside the pub by a hedgerow.

Unfortunately this clashs with the Bemrose so I can't ride as I have already entered that.

Cheers anyway.

Dave