200 /240 Which One?

hewson

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Hewson, IMHO the 200 is probably the easier bike to ride, especially if you could ever come across one of the rare forward kick 200's but the 240 is the later model and as such probably the more capable overall. I'm sure Lee will be along shortly to extol it's virtues too!

Regarding prices, the two are about on a par with the 240 just edging it. Even non runners will fetch four to five hundred with decent runners anything up to a thousand. There was a stunning 240 at Malvern last year with a tag of

Hi all...well...

I sold all but 2 of my 200s cos i am not good enough...you need to keep those little motors on the boil to make the next step or learn to ride in the nadgery bits properly so you come out of the muddy curve with the 200 boiling already. I found the 240s much easier to ride because of this although bob gent just won the jersey on a 156cc. Just proves what i say...he can ride.

One thing though , im putting together a 240 to sell over easter in the uk and although its a good one, i dont think i

i have 2 300s, nice engine...crap bike. For me its too wide at the top shock mounts and also too heavy. thierry michaud did win a wm though so he could ride em!!!

I also have 2 x 340s...I like them the best thats a 240 frame with 300 frt brake, forks, engine, maybe the airbox and exhaust. It handles like a 240 and not like an oil tanker. Although my have 301 and 303 engines fitted.

HTH

Lee

i have 2 300s, nice engine...crap bike. For me its too wide at the top shock mounts and also too heavy. thierry michaud did win a wm though so he could ride em!!!

I also have 2 x 340s...I like them the best thats a 240 frame with 300 frt brake, forks, engine, maybe the airbox and exhaust. It handles like a 240 and not like an oil tanker. Although my have 301 and 303 engines fitted.

HTH

Lee

Hi Lee,

Your TC mailbox is full :D

My email gaz at bikespace.co.uk

or if there are any problems with it (its been poorly lately) gaz at bikespace.f2s.com

Cheers

Cheers Lee, sorry I forgot - that was in my email that got bounced. It's a very generous offer, but I really couldn't subject someone elses bike to the punishment that my body frame would inflict on it :thumbup: Thanks very much for the offer though :D

I'm working on the 240 thing at the moment, but my lad could do with a replacement bike again. I missed my turn somehow :o

He doesnt have a beta rev50 does he...we could swap! Or a mono 50 fantic with gears? And the offer for the ride was day 1 at exmoor....no worries and no damage. If yer wanted to rid ethe rivers then i wopuld get worried.

Edited by Lee Harris

• 4 weeks later...

You almost look like you know what your doing there Heath, I bet the owner was paniking though!!!!!!

Over here in West Aus we only have one 240 left which still plays with the big boys from time to time and gives a good acount of itself, mind you the pilot is an ex Aus champion from the 80's.....