British Round 1 Kinlochleven 14th/15th April

Guest Scottie

Guest Scottie

All entries have now been posted and everyone on the list of riders should have one within the next couple of days. Please return before 4/04/07. We have been working hard on the sections and there are a few new ones to tackle. CJB videos are coming along this year. Pracitce 4-6 on the 14th. 9am start on the Sunday morning so you can all get off home early. There will be some differences this year. Riders have to complete the first lap within two and a half hours. Riders will start at intervals of 1 1/2 minutes .Practice strictly 2 hrs so please arrive early. Also we have our first girl - Becky Cook so it would be nice to see her at our trial. Youth riders will be decided this week so there entries will be sent out later this week. Will keep you updated with any news.

Cheers

Scottie :banana2:

Edited by Scottie

Guest Scottie

We toyed with the idea of reversing the route but it wouldn't work that well. Now we have re-routed the access to the first sections making it a lot easier for the minders.

Scottie

Guest Scottie

Got a call for a rider who hadn't received his regs and they were sent out over a week ago. If there is anyone who expected regs but still havent got them. call 01855 831445. Also received the list of 10 youth riders who are eligible. Although the top 5 have priority, have sent their regs out today.

Scottie

Edited by Scottie
Okay I won't de spambot the email address if you're just going to change it back again...

Good luck with first round of BC this year. Neath had the first round last year so we played Guinea pig for the introduction of the FIM rule which I think we all agreed worked well.

As C of C for the St Davids trial I attended the BC forum at rugby so agreed with the proposals we voted on. I don't think anything has been done against the status quo but hope there are no teething problems with any of the amendments to this years format.

Having ridden SSDT several times and Ian Pollock a few times you have some of the best terrain about. Would love to hear your clubs thoughts before and after the trial so we can hopefully build on your success as I think this years BC could be really close.

Guest Scottie

Thanks Jimmy. Yes we do have some of the best terrain for the ssdt , Pollock, Grace Dignan Trials but the 'Mound' is completely different. Our only problem as many of the organisers would agree is that the first riders in after the first lap are well over 3 hours. Then of course it is a race through the next two laps with some riders complaining about taking fives. We had 2 sections last year that the top boys particularly waited at for an hour before attempting the section. This year they know the new rules and there will be a briefing for all on the Sunday. We have been really pleased with the feed back from riders following our trial each year the tsr20 rules obviously help and observers much prefer it. All the best with your own round and we will keep in touch.

Arthur