Info Please!

crasherinc

Hi folks. I'm thinking of buying a Sherco to replace my ever faithful 2004 Mont as I'd like a bit more power given it's got a hunk of metal and another human bolted on the side, (though I must admit the human is very easily removable!). Looking at a 2006, possibly a 2007 290 and would be interested in anyone's views/experiences regarding performance, reliabilty and build quality. Any major differences in these from a 2006 to a 2007? Anything to watch out for in particular? What's the difference between a 2007 and the Cabestany model? Questions, questions, questions! Any info would be gratefully recieved. Cheers

The '07 bike has the new swingarm, billett clamps and fat bars, standard carb and most all the other Caby stuff! Oh and I almost forgot, a larger fuel tank which creases a bit when you bolt it down, thanks!

The Caby bike vs the standard '06, has better tuned motor, wave rotors, Kiehin carb, different shock!

The standard '06 still works well! Better than most of us can ride!

The Sherco is the perfect balance of performance and weight vs reliability. Take care of it and it will take care of you!

My thoughts,

MC

As somebody who had a '06 Sherco and couldn't come to terms with it, I rode a '07 and it is much better. All the frame changes and the shorter swing arm make for a much better ride, at least for me. If the '06 felt like a '07 I most likely would still have it. It is a little funny when I told people that I might like a shorter swing arm like the 125 they thought I was crazy and now here is a shorter swing arm on the '07.

• 2 weeks later...