Santigosa 3 Day Trial Spain

as iow

Has anyone any information about the santigosa 3 day as we are about to enter this trial.

How hard would the three routes be compaired to a British youth national etc. and any other tips. :lol:

Grasias.

We rode in 2001 & 2002, so things may have changed. Perhaps Carlas can answer that?

I'd say the easy route was fairly steady, harder than RMC's C route at our National but certainly not as tough as what I put on for the B's last year.

Middle route would be fairly similar to our B route from last year, perhaps a little harder. I remember a mega drop off in one section that a lunatic chasing me with a big knife wouldn't have made me go off. :lol: Everything is big , very grippy unless of course it snows. As far as I know you are allowed a bike to mind with, it would be impossible to walk round the route.

Accommodation is difficult to organise, we managed to rent a flat in the village. There's several restaurants in the village but certainly don't expect burger & chips.

On the whole it was a brilliant Trial, professionally run. If it wasn't so near to SSDT time I'd certainly go back.

Edited by PERCE

Yes so drive 850 miles to do 2 laps 12 sections or 630 miles to do 3 days of 30 sections per day, in what is one of the most senic parts of Spain and one of the most popular trials in Europe. (no contest) :lol:

I rode last year, rode the middle route and found it was just to much for a 0/50 like me!

Big sections, very tight in places but grippy if dry.

Biggest gripe would be the pushing and shoving waiting to ride the sections.

Agree with Perce about accommodation, difficult to find, but OK if you stay in a camper in the paddock.

Edited by jordi