Qatar Grand Prix At Losail

Andy

Casey Stoner (Ducati) powered to victory here at

Losail with Valentino Rossi (Yamaha) second and

Dani Pedrosa (Repsol Honda RC212V) third. This

was a convincing win for the Italian factory

Just how fast was that Duke down the straight, it was in a different league ! the honda was not too bad either. I Think Rossi did a fantastic job, with the lack of top end speed , he did the best of what he could. But hats off to Stoner, what a ride , new bike, and a win straight off. Doesn,t get much better than that . Well done Casey ..

Top end speed is not the be all and end all. Just look how Rossi reeled him back in for most of the race after the straight and went by.. They said they want a neutral bike under braking and accelerating out of the corners. They will have to do a bit of something to improve the top end. They may limit it ?? i do not know . All we you have to do is look at the results over the last few years, and Yam , most of the time was on top. To be honest, its not a Retard question, no one knows the answer really, only Yam,Honda, Duke Etc

Yeah Rossi is amazing in the corners and is an absolutely amazing rider, same for Edwards, I just wondered why Yamaha hadn't developed the bike to keep up with the Hondas and Dukes on the straights, do they choose not to, I dunno.

Richard

xxx

I just wondered why Yamaha hadn't developed the bike to keep up with the Hondas and Dukes on the straights, do they choose not to, I dunno.

Richard

xxx

From the commentary at the weekend, that is basically what they said. They chose to have a stable bike in the corners, and will work from there. So what i summised was that they turned the top end tap down for the race.. We will soon see in the following races. Can't wait.