More Advice Wanted....

andys

Hi Guys,

Well 4 week into having my got 03 250 still not ridden it yet and its in neven more bits on the garage floor.

Just need a bit of advice on oil changes. Can you use Car oil eg castrol for oil change. Also can you use engine flush on a bike? went to change the oil and all that started to come out have a very thick grey oil. Dont think the last guy had changes it in years.....

cheers

Andy

Seems like its had a bit of water in there and imulsified. Car engine is a big no no, you want a proper gearbox grade fully synthetic oil, i'd personally recommend silkolene pro SRG 75, available from most bike shops. As far as engine flush goes it forget that aswell. Put in new oil and run for 5 hours, drop the oil and insert more new slippy stuff. After that just do regular changes and it'll be fine.

All that caution about using car engine oil has never been an issue, for me, but a 10-40 gear oil is the spec.

So go figure, I have used ATF/ motor oil(synthetic both) blend(bit quicker clutch) for the last few years with no problems. Your mileage may vary!

Be sure your gearbox vent tube is run up over the carb fuel inlet, then down to the skidplate like the new ones.

Different thing on a Gasser for sure!

M2C!