Computer Advice Please.

boofont

Hi all, got a computer problem. It seems that my USB ports are dragging my computer down. Whne I try to switch it on with them connected it won't go past the Windows XP logo screen, it holds there for around 30 secs then I hear something inside winding down then it trys to reboot and enters the same cycle. If I remove my USB's it will boot fine.

Any help out there?

Boofont

one thing is to check your PC BIOS isn't set to boot from your USB devices (e.g. if you have a usb memory stick assigned as drive letter E:, ensure your PC isn't trying to boot from E: first).

What exactly do you have connected via your USB's?

check out: http://www.tabletquestions.com/windows-xp/...es-plugged.html

Edited by numbnuts

Boofont

one thing is to check your PC BIOS isn't set to boot from your USB devices (e.g. if you have a usb memory stick assigned as drive letter E:, ensure your PC isn't trying to boot from E: first).

What exactly do you have connected via your USB's?

check out: http://www.tabletquestions.com/windows-xp/...es-plugged.html

No, don't think its this. It has been fine for years, suddenly just started doing it. Had other problems too. Mozilla Firefox keeps crashing on me and now one of my DVD ROM's has suddenly packed up and removed itself from viwe in My Computer. Have I got a RAM issue?