Bultaco Sherco 1999

taylor

I had a Bultaco Sherco in 2000 and was very dissapointed with the build quality. However, it only let me down once in the three years that I owned it from new; that was when the cyclinder head O ring failed, which can can happen to any bike.

The frame went rusty the first time it got wet and there was no grease what-so-ever in the rear suspension linkage when new. These points are hardly likely to put you off one now that it's seven years old. Just try to buy by condition and forget the age.

it will be better! my cousin has the gas gas and my friend has the 99 sherco, no comparison! the g g is rickety and the sherco is fine, he has had no trouble with it whatsoever! just basic maintenance, he had it from new and it runs great, fires right up good power and pretty light considering the year, it blew my 99 beta away as far as overall performance, also it is a sherco / bultaco not just sherco so it has the thumbs up like the vintage bikes, so it is a rare find! my buddies is a 200 and it's bright orange and silver, it really stands out in a crowd, i think it was a limitted made color cause the others are red and silver but this is blaze orange! a nice bike to have and hold on to...........................................john

The frame on my son's 99 developed a crack on both sides just below the top of the radiator. I ground off the chrome and welded it back with my MIG welder. Haven't had a problem since. It seem to be a good bike although I prefer my 03 SY250s geometry. The 250 Bultaco's engine is very pipie and has lots of power.

Cheers

DFW