Slow And Fast Throttles?

oke boy

Hi all,

I keep reading about slow and fast throttles, I confess to not knowing what the difference is. :o Can anyone tell me what is the difference, how can i tell what is on my bike. The throttle turns 1/4 rotation on my bike and my sons Sherco 125 turns about 1/3rd rotation.What are there benifits of either. :wall:

Thanks Steve

white tube = fast

black tube = slow

just peel the grip back a little to see

The black version pulls less cable given the same rotation compared to the white. This just slows the carb slide and reduces power per amount of twist.

basically the slow action throttle has to be opened more to give it the same amount of revs as a fast action throttle so it makes the bikes revs easier to control as the you have more throttle play to play with

don't forget the super fast aluminum! my 06 2.9 had one and it was insane! just a small touch and it was wound out!

I think this is what is on my 2.9 also. The bike came with a fast action throttle as a spare so i guess the previous owner may have changed it.

I will swap them over later today as the bike does rev a lot even with little movement........its scary :o