Mr Jarvis

dabber

So why is Troy Corser still riding WSB at 36? George Foreman won a world heavyweight title at the age of 45. Michael Schumaker was racing at 38 -

Because they take good care of themselves or have people who know how to look after them being paid full time. The F1 training programs i've seen have been excellent. The stuff i've seen mx and trials riders normally ranks alongside a standard gym user which is poor for them never mind a pro. The sport take its toll on riders so they obviously need every helping hand they can get to maintain their health and vitality. Train don't drain would be an answer..

George Forman won a world title at 45!!!!! I think that defeats any talk about fittness/condition - a obese man with a choice of 5 titles and a opponent of choice -Bad example if you are looking for a world class sportsman.

Edited by Slapshot 3
Sorted Quotes

Spud,

you make this sweeping statement about Jarvis could finish in the World top 5, qualified by 'if he wanted to' and fail to provide a reasonable argument why this is the case. Quoting other sportsman and other sports is irrelevant.

I think your statement about Jarvis in the top five is based upon emotion, like you he is from Kent and also the fact that it is never going to happen. Jarvis 2006 FIM World Ranking is 22.

You will not provide a decent case to why Jarvis is capable of a top five finish and will no doubt continue to evade the question.

However it is a poorer WTC without Jarvis, his contiuning to complete the trial on the first day at Hawkstone in 2000 with knee ligamant damage is the bravest most determined action I have ever witnessed in sport. I do not in anyway wish to knock Jarvis as he was and still is a formidable rider but he is not a top five WTC rider.

well said cota kid im agreeing with you on this one..lets face it jarvis and LAMKIN are both past it now..i wish they was`nt but wear and tear on dem bones is catching them up..they cant hack the pace or fitness of the yougsters coming through..as normal spud is talking garbage, you cant compare trials to any other sport like F1 and WSB where there is unlimited funds and major sponsers looking after the sportsmen to keep them at tip top fitness

Raga Rep. I agree with almost everything you have said, except the tiny little bit about Doug being past it. But I'll let it go. :o

The one about Spud taking garbage I especially agree with. I'm still waiting to hear his reason why Raga let Fujigas win more WTC's than him. (Remember Dec 2006).