Spark Plug Problem

mont4rt

Is there any one that can help I have got an 05 4rt that destroys spark plugs in two hours riding and starts miss firing back firing you name it its doing it the plug is black in soot .Each time I put a new plug in it lasts for two hours agian. I put a new coil and lead and cap but still the same problem.

Is there any one that can help I have got an 05 4rt that destroys spark plugs in two hours riding and starts miss firing back firing you name it its doing it the plug is black in soot .Each time I put a new plug in it lasts for two hours agian. I put a new coil and lead and cap but still the same problem.

How long are you warming it up for? Suggest at least couple of mins of idle, I also have tacho/hr meter so I know when it's up to 1800 rpm ie warm

but easy way is to wait until radiator fan kicks in, then you know it is warmed up. It takes me at least that long to put boots etc on anyhow.

When starting and during warm up DO NOT touch the throttle. ie the old 2st blip the throttle during warmup is a NO NO, it will just foul the plug with black soot.

Oh and run the 5 not the 6 plug if your in cold climate.

HTH

I have 05 which when if not allowed to warm up on tick over will start to mess up plugs. Start and leave well alone for 2 mins. Also when I boiught mine s/hand from Sandifords they expressed how important correct tickover is. If set too low the ingnition and fuel pump is not getting enough charge and will stress the system resulting in bad plugs.

hope this helps

PS

Always stop engine with kill switch was also informed. This stop engine in correct sequence? Also if it wont start was told to kick engine over very slowly with throttle open, press kill button to reset ignition map, snap throttle closed ready for start. Seems to work!!

PS

Always stop engine with kill switch was also informed. This stop engine in correct sequence? Also if it wont start was told to kick engine over very slowly with throttle open, press kill button to reset ignition map, snap throttle closed ready for start. Seems to work!!

Thanks I will try and reset the ingnition map I have all ways warmed the bike up I have had the bike from new and had no problems until now.