07 Sherco

the addict

Looks like I am going to make the change from many years of Betas to Sherco next month :wall:

Whats the new 07 like to ride compared to last years bike? may go for the 250 over the 290 but will it lack abit of power as I did here on here the 250 was lacking abit?

Also are there any mods that need doing from new? carb, suspension etc. I have been impressed with how the Sherco grips and how free the motor is after watching variuos riders on them this year

Thanks in advance for any help

Just

Edited by Betarev3

Looks like I am going to make the change from many years of Betas to Sherco next month :wall:

Whats the new 07 like to ride compared to last years bike? may go for the 250 over the 290 but will it lack abit of power as I did here on here the 250 was lacking abit?

Also are there any mods that need doing from new? carb, suspension etc. I have been impressed with how the Sherco grips and how free the motor is after watching variuos riders on them this year

Thanks in advance for any help

Just

woooohoooo...

Carb will be fine from new, but put new grease in the linkage.

A VERY important thing to do is speak to "copemech" on here and get some CF swingarm protectors with your name engraved into them ;)

Also to keep it looking nice, stick some carbon down the frame NOT the trick bits protectors.......they are S**T, they fill up with grit and still scratch the frame.

If you are keeping the raptor pegs off your old bike, put these on to give a more stable ride as you may find the standard pegs a little small.

:D

The 2.5 is a sweet bike, much snappier than a Beta but not totally overwhelming! Unless you are practicing with Alexz you should be fine!

Go for it!

:wall:

ps- not much room for your name on the '07 swingarm guards, unless your name is SHERCOREV2.5!

I'd vote for the 250 too.

It winds up a bit quicker than the 290. Which I find much better when I want to ride the back wheel for a short time.

Once you drop the throttle on the 290, that wheelie is all but over. :wall:

But either way.....Best of Sherco balance.

Neo

I swapped my 280 gasser for a 07 Sherco 250 on saturday

Did my first trial on it on monday and came second in my class

I like it !! :thumbup:

Out of interest..anyone got any views on some decent mods or frame protection bits, i see the tick bits stuff isn't rated by some

Edited by Exiled Yorkshireman

Out of interest..anyone got any views on some decent mods or frame protection bits, i see the tick bits stuff isn't rated by some

Just put stick carbon on the frame, or as i did, buy the trick bits protectors and run a bead of silicone round the edge so the squash on and seal. not ideal though.

On the mudguard there are holes next to the air filter, buy a frying pan cover (99p :thumbup: ) cut to shape and either glue or tape this over to stop large bits going in the air filter. Another mod to do to the mudguard is fit a piece of rubber to the little flap that holds it on to stop stuff getting in through there.

Also take a trip to your local engineers and have a billet fly wheel cover made, which wont leak and if your chain snaps it wont obliterate the plastic one.

The only other one i can think of that ive done to mine is put rubber washers in between the linkage washers to keep grit out.

Hope this helps

NICE I really liked the few goes I have had on the Sherco sure you will be well happy with it, and in no time hoping and flicking more than the big man himself!

Any reason you aren't waiting for an '08 version? surely only a matter of months away now?

Hopping and flicking more then the big man? youve got to be joking, years off yet, the Bletchingdon Kangeroo is still the flick and kick master.

Months away, thats why Barry, cant wait really and doubt there will be massive changes anyway, got the Reeth coming up in July and quite a few trials up north so the new bike had to be done now really before the Rev3 starts getting abit tired.

I am seriously thinking of swapping my Mikuni over to the new Sherco :thumbup: as its given me loads of laughs over the past year and i will miss the little trail of p*** the Beta leaves behind it

Good man! I have no doubts you can control it. Are you getting one of the 'James' :thumbup: replicas with the red rims and dual ignition?? :(

You will have to let me know how it goes. Hopefully o.k then I might be persuaded to copy you

Dan did'nt see the Drewitt Replica was out already, will have to ring Kempy Monday morning to see if I can book one if available :thumbup: dont mind waiting abit longer, it looks the B*****ks, and yer ralph might have to PX the misses to afford the Caber rep :(

Copemech, lots of people have told me this week that the 250 might not suit me and its easier to tame the 290 than try and get more out of the 250, time will tell though.

Dan, have I started a trend for the dishes going blue? Ewers will do his nut if we all go Sherco :)

Edited by Betarev3