What Now?

stefan

After some 10 years doing trials only I somewhat lost contact to the enduro world.. I still think that a xr250 is a good bike but must be the only one... now:

What bike do you use nowadays doing the following:

goes on the back of a campervan , thus less tha 120 kg

has two seats ( the missus wants to come along as well) and is road legal

has a bit of grunt to take me through the backcountry... maybe without the missus on the back.., though

the DR350 stopped in'99 the DRZ has no 2nd seat... what to do?

Still fancy a KLX, but no..it's not legal ( must be getting old caring about this ..)

And please, do not recommend a 200 cc chinese bike.. I can still recall riding my XR600... you know, trees coming your way at speed!

Cheers,

Stefan

Nice try.. would fit nicely with the Fantic200 i already own... for this round I am more after a younger bike. Anyone having experience with the Gasgas Pamperas? Looks like a trials bike and is having a 2nd set of foot pegs.. Not sure whether the seat would allow long rides , tough..

The DRZ-400S (for "street") comes with a full compliment of road kit including a longer, softer seat, grab strap and passenger pegs. It's slightly less powerful than the "E" (for "enduro") and "K" (kickstart-only) models but is still pretty capable off-road (I rode mine in a couple of local enduros) and is very civilised on the tarmac. There are loads around as well.

• 1 month later...

• 2 weeks later...

As promised: God the Tricker and am quite happy with it...handles on tarmac like a pushbike, goes (reasonably) well and even the missus can ride it! Only offroad capabilities are obviously limited. Gravel is fine, deep sand is not, must look out for some knobblier tires. Nice addition to the collection, indeed!

• 2 months later...