Large Adult: 125-2s Or 175-4s?!

floored

I've been looking for a bike for a beginner (200lbs) who'll never hit the big stuff, and thought a 200 would be perfect, but there aren't any good ones around. Since it will be used mostly for following the beginners(6-9yrs) around, I'm wondering if a 125 2 stroke ( or the Scorpa 175 4 stroke) would do? At least that way if it gets to be time to upgrade, the bike can be passed down to the kids?

Edited by floored

I have a 2007 175 (163 cc) I weigh around 170lb and it pulls me around with ease.... I also know a bloke who has the older 143 cc one and he weighs about 255lb and says it is the best bike he has owned (having had beta rev 3, gas gas) exept his beloved tyz :beer:

I have a 2007 175 (163 cc) I weigh around 170lb and it pulls me around with ease.... I also know a bloke who has the older 143 cc one and he weighs about 255lb and says it is the best bike he has owned (having had beta rev 3, gas gas) exept his beloved tyz :beer:

I weigh 230 lbs, and rode a SY175F (143cc) for about 18 months. It pulled me around great. For what you will be using it for, I don't think you can beat the simplicity of the air-cooled 4-stroke. No premix, no radiator, water pump, hoses, etc. You just run good old pump gas, and change the oil ever so often. Even better, you can add a decent seat to the Scorpa, if you want, as the TY-S unit will bolt right on.

The wife has had a 163 Scorpa for a month now. It is the best thing since slided bread. I borrow it when I cannot do sections on my 250cc Beta & usually succeed. I cannot priase the thing enough & with me it has to haul around 244 lbs. They are just so easy to maintain & the power means you never get into trouble.

LOONAL

I'm 100kgs and have been riding a 143 for around a year now, iv'e ridden around 30 trials on her and have suffered one flat tyre and thats about it. I ride in the vets class in Aus so i'm no expert but saying that i'm no novice either so we do ride some big stuff relative to our age and size of our appendages!!!! The main problem with the scorpa as because you have no excuse to be in the garage Er in doors may get you doing all those jobs you have been putting off.

Thank you all for the replies. Unfortunately, I'm not having any luck finding a good used Scorpa 4stroke that isn't priced almost as new.

Anyone know if a 2stroke will be OK to start for now?

Anyone know if a 2stroke will be OK to start for now?

Yes, it will be fine. Enough power to haul you around but not enough to get you in trouble, nice and light too!

Best to get a 125 anyway if you want to pass it down to the yougsters. 125 is the maximum allowed for them.