315r Clutch Drag

randyrat

Hi folks...

really struggling to get neutral, and gears are notchy on my 2000 315R.

Any ideas? Already using that really expensive Silkolene oil as recommended here, but no real difference?

Any ideas?

Nick

Hi,

I've got a 2002 315r and when I first got it suffered really badly with drag. Tried the silkolene oil and changed it a few times but no real difference. Recently put a new clutch in for a similar aged honda cr250, from memory had to leave out one of each plates. Now works so much better, no drag whatsoever, but finding neutral still a bit of an artform!

Hope this helps, Nick

Don't fool around with unusual solutions, when a new the stock clutch works OK.

Replace all cork, fibre, and steel plates with a new standard plate set. Change the oil to exactly what the manual specifies. It will disengage fine and have a progressive feel. Install the cork and fibre plates in the correct order. You could put a cross hatch pattern on the steel plates with some 400 grit emory cloth. That will make them retain oil film better.

Don't fool around with unusual solutions, when a new the stock clutch works OK.

Replace all cork, fibre, and steel plates with a new standard plate set. Change the oil to exactly what the manual specifies. It will disengage fine and have a progressive feel. Install the cork and fibre plates in the correct order. You could put a cross hatch pattern on the steel plates with some 400 grit emory cloth. That will make them retain oil film better.

Cheers,

does anyone know where I can get a clutch kit in the UK?

And how much..ish....Ouch!

Nick

If you want the best clutch kit in my opinion then

contact haven trialsport on 01469532600

they are really clued up when it comes to monts

they will be able to sort you out on any parts or advice!

• 3 weeks later...

I found this thread very useful, as last Sunday I entered my first trial and made a complete fool of myself! Most of it was me, however the clutch drag which took me in various bushes and trees did not help? At least solving this problem would prevent me falling off for 10% of the incidents I had.

I called Haven trials and

As promised I installed the new plates over the weekend, a very easy 15 minute job and the clutch is now perfect! No drag, no need to grab the front brake before shifting into gear and much better control. Thanks to Haven and a well spent