Orange Ossa Question

trialsaddicted

Tank fittings:

The Gripper frame has two threaded bosses welded on just behind the headstock. The original one piece fibreglass tank/seat unit has a hole each side at the front of the tank. These holes have some sort of rubber bush in them and 6mm bolts fix the front of the tank either side by screwing into the threaded boss. The rear of the tank/seat unit has a clip riveted either side of the sidepanel which clips to the frame tube.

On the UK bikes with the alloy tank and separate seat unit, the threaded bosses at the front of the tank each have a lug screwed in. Onto this lug is pushed a rubber mount which is circular and about 0.75" thick and 1" diameter (at a guess) same as fitted to a MAR. The alloy tank has a 'C' shaped bracket on the inside, both sides, which push over the rubber mounts. Like a TY250 Yam twinshock. The seat holds the rear of the tank. The UK separate seat unit/sidepanles have the came clip as the one piece tank/seat unit, although when the seat is bolted on it is enough to secure the seat unit without the need for the clip.

• 2 months later...

Hi , did you solve the problem concerning your tank / seat unit fixing as I had the same problem with my 350c gripper but I,ve recently bought a orange 250cc and can now see how everythings held together , if you want to I can send you some Photo,s if you give me your e-mail address . Can you possibly help me Im trying to find out the correct shade of orange paint for my bike ? Thanks alot Bertie