Rev3 250 Missing When Hot

yorksguy

Got a problem with my Rev3 250..!

when it warms up and i try reving it above half throttle it starts missing... making it very hard to go up rocks etc.. under half throttle its ok, ticks over nicely etc.. when the bikes cold it runs fine.

ive put a new plug in and cleaned the airfilter etc... theres good petrol and oil in it..

anybody got any ideas? im thinking it must be heat related, possibly something electrical??

Got a problem with my Rev3 250..!

when it warms up and i try reving it above half throttle it starts missing... making it very hard to go up rocks etc.. under half throttle its ok, ticks over nicely etc.. when the bikes cold it runs fine.

ive put a new plug in and cleaned the airfilter etc... theres good petrol and oil in it..

anybody got any ideas? im thinking it must be heat related, possibly something electrical??

What plug and mixture you using mate

Replace the kill switch.

Is it the Beta one?

All Kill switchs play up after so long but the stock one seems to do it earlyer.

I bet it will be fine then.

Let us know whats up with it when you get it sorted.

Hello,

ive got a BP5ES plug in and the mixture is 70ml of Castrol super TT per 5 litres of super unleaded. Ive had the bike 4 years now and serviced it regularly but never needed to alter the plug for summer or winter, its always been spot on.

The fan did seem to be on all the time at the trial this weekend, and ive noticed that when ive topped the water up there is a slight amount of oil on the cap when i take it out, and it does seem to dribble out a little when its warming up if ive topped it right up. Other than that it doesnt seem to use any water, it doesnt go below a certain level and theres no water in the oil.

i was wondering if the bikes had a thermostat like on a car?? that may not be letting water through to cool the engine?

As for a kill switch, the bikes never had one.

cheers..

It could be the HT side braking down ( coil, plug , lead or cap). A friend of mine had a simular problem with a gasgas I traced the problem to the HT lead arching to the frame. I is unlikely to be a LT problem if you think its heat related but would be worth checking all LT connections. If you have checked the fuel side of things, changed the plug and its not over heating also make sure the flywheel is secure on the crank. The next thing I would change is the coil and HT lead @ a cost of about

It could be the HT side braking down ( coil, plug , lead or cap). A friend of mine had a simular problem with a gasgas I traced the problem to the HT lead arching to the frame. I is unlikely to be a LT problem if you think its heat related but would be worth checking all LT connections. If you have checked the fuel side of things, changed the plug and its not over heating also make sure the flywheel is secure on the crank. The next thing I would change is the coil and HT lead @ a cost of about

hey

tried new coil and cdi unit, both had no positive effect on the bike! Done more research and it looks like the stators packed in!

sent it to steve hardaker in spain to be repaired!

has anybody any idea how to set the timing once i get the stator back?

cheers