Where Can I Buy A Clipic (in Yorkshire Hopefully?)

tordijarres

I've searched the forums and seen mentions of the Clipic bikes. Even saw some footage of one on Yoo Tube. However Googling it only leads to dead links in the Uk and the official Clipic website doesn't seem to have any links to importers.

I'd be grateful for anyone's advice on how they've found the 50cc, and how much it cost. The Sherco 50 is also in the running but at

NYL Tried one of the first of the 80's in the country. He liked it. According to him It feels a bit smaller than the Beta and has a "revier" engine but the cycle parts are pretty good. They are very popular in Spain but the lack of a continuous importer in the UK puts people off. Having said that parts are pretty easy to pick up and they have been going a long time so should be a good bet. As for the 50, Young Gabby Whitham uses one and seems to do rather well.

Edited by Telecat

I wonder if Gabby Whitham's is the tricked-out version of the Hit3 50 (disc brakes, more powerful engine, more money etc) , or the standard one? I was a bit put off by the fact the rear brake is handlebar lever-operated rather than foot-pedal as on the other 50s.