Rev 3 Electrics

reving 3

My lads 2002 rev 3 will not rev .People tell me its the electrics,if so. will my electrics fit off my 2003 rev3 .At least i will know which to buy.Also if i do have to make a purchase,where is the best & cheapest place to buy in uk.

Phone John Lampkin Imports,

he will help you out, and get you a Stator sorted out

if it is the electrics you will need a new stator, my bike had that, so did every Beta that retired from the SSDT tihis Year - nightmare, the 2002 had a bad batch of Stators on them and your lads could be one of them, i know a guy who bought Tom Sagars bike and his Stator went aswell, so give Lampkin a phone, tell him whats up!

cheers

Chris

REV'er gives good advice - call your importer first. If the quick disconnect from the stator wiring harness to the 'brain' wiring harness is the same from both bikes you probably have the same unit and you can complete your test. If its different, I wouldn't proceed with the test swap without checking with the importer. The QD seems to be a good way for BETA to keep the stators and brains with the correct respective unit... different timing maps / spark advance curves, etc.

I had the same problem with my 02 Rev 3. OK up to a quarter / third throttle, then it wouldn't rev any further. It was the stator. I had it replaced under warranty as it was less than a year old but I doubt you will get it replaced under warranty now, although you should in my opinion as it is a known problem on all models of Rev 3. The stators can be faulty. Why they can't sort it I don't know.

If you can't get it done under warranty and a new Beta one is expensive you can have yours repaired by Bradford Ignitions. He advertises in TMX under Services and also has a website, something like motoplatuk but can't remember exactly.

Not sure if this is directly related, but its similar. Back in November last year, me and my mate, both with Rev-3s (mine '01 and his '02) had starting problems. They were running fine, then just died and refused to start. It happened within half an hour of each other.

Turned out that the CDI box doo-dah-thingymawhatsit had packed up. I don't know a great deal about the electrics (yes, REALLY!), but apparently, using pressure washers can eventually cause the CDI to fail.

this is true pressure cleaners nacker your bike in some places i have had to replace sevral parts of the electric system on my bike du to water being froced in by washers it has also nakered bearing on my bike forces water in the fly wheel housing a totlay floods the airbox when i am not even aiming it in the direction of the objects