Beginning Of The End?

neo

If you were running hard, up hill, and ran it out of fuel on a hot motor, which came to a sudden stoppage, you may have suffered a "lean" seizeure of the piston and a bit if metal transfer to the walls which later flaked off.

They will loosten up after cooling and run, but many times have piston slap if severe enough.

I presume it has coolant in it?

2 choices, tear down for inspection or just run it!

And see if you can find some Maxima K2 oil. :D

Edited by copemech

Hmmm... what exactly is that?

Fouling of the Plug caused by partialy burnt conductive deposits between the electrodes shorting the plug, it used to be very common on two strokes

(mostly Brit 2 strokes) but four strokes are not exempt, modern oil , fuels , and better ignitions have reduced this, but anyone can have a bad plug

Which NGK iridium?

I use a BPR5E1X on a `99 2.5

Neo,

I have no personal experience with the Silko oil.

There are many oils out there, some snake oil, some better than others. Being conservative on this issue, I prefer to go by track record, which here at least is supported by a long history of the US importer and many riders over the years. That works for me!

Stick with wot works!

The Yamalube 2T semi synth, works too, made by Torco, seems Yamaha has found it acceptable.

MHO! :wacko: