Manx 2 Day

gregd

There is a meeting tomorrow morning at 8.30am for the government departments involved where they will decide on whether they will allow motorised activities to take place on the uplands of the Island.

At the moment all off road tracks are closed, and the roads that are intrinsic to the 2-day route in the hills are all clearways, which as you know means no stopping. Rather difficult to refuel etc on the move.

There is then a 2-day committee meeting tomorrow evening where we hope to have a decision. at the moment it is very 50/50.

When I know you will know.

Cubby

There is a meeting tomorrow morning at 8.30am for the government departments involved where they will decide on whether they will allow motorised activities to take place on the uplands of the Island.

At the moment all off road tracks are closed, and the roads that are intrinsic to the 2-day route in the hills are all clearways, which as you know means no stopping. Rather difficult to refuel etc on the move.

There is then a 2-day committee meeting tomorrow evening where we hope to have a decision. at the moment it is very 50/50.

When I know you will know.

Cubby

Thanks for the update Cubby, "fingers crossed"!

I spoke with John Watterson, the motorsport correspondent for Manx Newspapers; TMX's Manx correspondent and a good friend and he told me this evening that he had heard that the trial was going ahead with some limited restrictions, quite what they were he didn't know.

This is NOT official, and presumably the official news, one way or the other will come from the organisers, but John has a very good reputation on the island and I don't think he would have told me that if there was any doubt.

I have heard similar from a totally reliable source, but as Cubby has always been very good at keeping TC users updated with info, I didn't want to steal his thunder. Cubby - over to you! :wacko: