What Maps?

scott_king

I was wondering if anybody out there would be willing to share any maps they have suitable for the 2 map throttle bodies (either posted here or perhaps emailed to me?). I have a standard 2006 250cc 4RT the standard map that came with my software seems to be for the 260cc HRC Engine Kit. I would particular like to try maps where people have softened the power to get more grip (especially when backing off and trying to feed the power back in again), but would be interested in experimenting with any

I was wondering if anybody out there would be willing to share any maps they have suitable for the 2 map throttle bodies (either posted here or perhaps emailed to me?). I have a standard 2006 250cc 4RT the standard map that came with my software seems to be for the 260cc HRC Engine Kit. I would particular like to try maps where people have softened the power to get more grip (especially when backing off and trying to feed the power back in again), but would be interested in experimenting with any

This is the fundamental flaw on a montesa and is much more down to technique and learning rather than maps but if you get a softer map it should help. I am expecting it to take me months to get used to the bike, although to date it rides well in the muddy bits I've been in.

It really isn't the way to go to pluck any old map out of the internet and load it on without some discussion as to what you like and don't about the set up.

Without wishing to sound like a stuck record my dealer set the bike up how I said I wanted it, in fact I think it was a map he had written himself which takes time effort and knowledge.

What does your dealer say, who is it?

You wouldnt set your bars or levers to a position that someone suggests or sends over t'internet so why engine characteristics(?)

Its not a case of map one or two its what you want, which is a plus or minus depending on your viewpoint. There is an infinate amount of choice too, I saw the graphs for 3 maps which ranged so greatly it would feel like 3 comletly different engines. (12 deg btdc!!!)

I appreciate what you say about plucking maps from the internet but I bought the software and leads so I could experiment with making changes and seeing what effect they have had. I did this really for my enjoyment rather than actually needing to change anything, I bought a couple of twinshocks for a similar reason in that I could re build them to do the classic series (when I eventually get round to registering them!)