Beta Rev 3 Rear Shock

2lls

Hi all, I have an 06 rev 3 250, how easy is it to change the lower bush or bearing on the rear shock.

How do i get the old bush out, are the metal inserts just pressed in/out,

hope someone can advise so i dont damage my shock

thanks

Phill

Edited by 2LLS

• 1 year later...

the bush is in 2 parts , 1 pressed in from each side. i used 2 flat blade screwdrivers

to start to lever the first bush about 1mm or enough to get a small gap between the

bushes, then using the screwdriver or a suitable drift in the gap carefully tap out the

first bush. the second bush is now easy, just place a socket in the hole left by the

first bush and carefully tap out the second bush. the bearing is a ball joint type

to get to this for regreasing remove the 2 dust seals then you can spin the ball joint

to regrease. to remove the bearing you need to carefully remove the 2 wire ring clips

( 1 each side ) then you can tap out the bearing. reassemble the bearing- wire clips and

dust seals then i used a nut and bolt to compress the 2 halves of the bush together

hope this helps

Phill

the bush is in 2 parts , 1 pressed in from each side. i used 2 flat blade screwdrivers

to start to lever the first bush about 1mm or enough to get a small gap between the

bushes, then using the screwdriver or a suitable drift in the gap carefully tap out the

first bush

That's what I was trying to do but its playing hard to get which made me think it might be a sealed unit. Looks like I am being too gentle not wishing to make a bodge up.