Manchester 17 Hipwell One Day

physco

Any body who enjoys thier road trials should make a date for the Manchester 17 Hipwell trial. Held on the 18th of September you get a superb two lap trial on sections only used once a year. All sections have observers and its a no messing straight up sections trial on two routes. I usually do the clubman route being an aging over 40 and its an excellant burn round.

Physco, quite a few of our lot will be doing it and as you say a nice ride round on different terrain, me and Ralph did it last year for the first time and really enjoyed it, hope to ride abit better this time though.

Pretty sure its the 23rd not the 18th though mate B) . If you pass some old bloke pushing a caby along the road out of petrol,swearing alot and smoking a roll-up that will be me :D

Ay up Physco, totallyagree, the Hipwell is a cracking day out, if things are getting difficult pal I'll lend you my Zimmer frame its one I got from Andy (Father Jack) Hipwell when he decided to go for the deluxe version with a blue and yellow paint job. And it already comes with that special smell of cabbage and pee! As my Dad says: "Enjoy life while you can son as its a case of a long time being spoon fed cabbage and stinking of pee!"

Eiger.

Hi, "Father Jack" here,

Everyone is welcome to our trial on the 23rd September in Peak Forest. Even "eiger" can enter ( I'll get your Stenna chair lift ready at the first section ).

Entries are on the day and the start is 10am, there will be two laps of about 20 sections, (nothing silly for clubmen). Riders will come back to the start after the first lap to refuel as the lap is only about 5 mile round.

STOP PRESS :- we will be attempting to have a section which has never been tried before in this country, ( Its not what you think, it will be just for a laugh !! )

See you all there.

PS :- There will be a "Dead easy" trial the day before ( 22nd ) at the same venue, with NO road work.

Graded wheelie hill climb ? That sounds fun, hope them Hipwells have got some spare rear mudgaurds in their van, lol ! Heard along the grape vine this section is just for a laugh and wont count in your final score (so your ok Eiger )

Rode the trial last year for the first time and it was MEGA !

So keep up the good work Hippies.......

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Just a quick not to anyone comming to this trial,

The START AREA for the Sunday road trial has been changed so that the parking is easier. It will be signed from the traffic lights in the centre of Peak Forest village off the A623 to Perryfoot, just follow the orange arrows.

Cheers, Ironpony.

PS. Get practicing those wheelies, just for fun !!

THIS WEEKENDS MANCHESTER 17 TRIALS EVENTS ARE CANCELLED.

The organisers have taken the decision to cancel both the Dead Easy trial (22.09.07) and the Hipwell/Hartle Trophy Trial (23.09.07) due to the foot and mouth outbreaks and the overall need to confine the disease. The trials were to be in and around the Peak Forest area, and the organisers are not prepared to take any risks within a major farming community. The possibility of competitors carrying the disease on their vehicles is minimal, but possible.

Please inform anyone that you know who were making plans to enter either of the trials.

Too late to make a difference???

Quote Reuters:

LONDON (Reuters) - Tests for a suspected case of foot and mouth disease at a farm in central England have proved negative and controls on animal movements in the area have been lifted, the government said on Thursday.

A "temporary control zone" was set up around a farm at Solihull, near Birmingham, on Wednesday after animals displayed possible symptoms of foot and mouth.

But a spokeswoman for the agriculture ministry said the tests were negative and the restrictions on animal movements had now been lifted.