Which Rear Shock For 2000 280 Txt?

brucey

I'm rebuilding the rear suspension on the above bike. The rear Sachs shock is a bit 'iffy'. The dampening screw has snapped off, the bump stop is perished and the adjustment rings have been mullered by someone with a screwdriver and hammer!

Bearing in mind the age/value of the bike, whats my cheapest option?

I phoned John Shirt & RCM for the availability of second hand units, but no luck. RCM have a 'Pro' unit but said it would be too long (mine is 280mm between mounting bolt centres). They also said the adjustment screw couldn't be repaired even if I sent the unit for reconditioning.

I was under the impression that the yellow spring rear shocks were the same across all models but it seems I was wrong.

Apart from just leaving it, has anyone got a good one lying around, or suggest where I could try obtaining a good second hand unit?

Any help appreciated.

Bruce.

has anyone got a good one lying around

Hi there brucey,

I bought one on ebay a couple of years ago for my 2001 TXT 280, went away with work for a few weeks and some scroat nicked my bike. So I have one in the garage which is pretty clean, no leaks or mulleredness.

Thanks for the replies guys,

Could you double check your units are 280mm between mounting centres and e mail me with some idea of price. Sounds like I may have a solution to my problem!

A photo would also be nice if that's possible!

My e mail address is bruce.yule@tiscali.co.uk.

Bruce.

Edited by brucey