Outlaw Dave's 70th Birthday Mountain Ride

outlaw dave

The Joss Mountain ride took place last Sunday August 26th - We had a total of 15 riders, including two former three time Canadian Trials Champions - Stan Bakgaard and Steve Fracy. The Mountain is 7825ft at the Summit and unfortunately we ran into snow - This was the 4th and (maybe) last time for Outlaw Dave to make this difficult trek - it's like a long 35km section to the top. The pics (91) can be seen by clicking onto www,outlawtrials.com then gallery p2. - they are a bit jumbled up as they were taken by four different camera people - I'm the old guy with the banana and a beer at the top.

Hi Doug - Yes the trail was made in 1921 when the BC Forestry people went up by pack horse to build the fire look-out. However it saw little use and it was only last year that they flew a crew in by helicopter to put a new roof and windows on the small stone shack. I first went up in 2003, and was so impressed by the tough ride and the sheer beauty of the scenery, that I have now done the ride four times. At age 70 I thought this would be my last trip, but who knows? - The Mountain may call me back next year.

Yeah - 70 my ar5e :D

Looks absolutely brilliant and of course I hate you all for living there.

Happy Birthday Dave!

B)

Just spent about an hour going through all your photo's. Does make me jealous. We do have our own little bit of it round here as you know from your younger days, but it's just not on that kind of scale.

Looking forward to next years photos :D

Hey Heath - As you would figure - sods law - weather is fantastic this weekend - Thanks to you all for the birthday greetings - I have to say that I did feel pretty good the next day - in other words I was able to walk !!

Of course now Fracy has claimed "first Blood" for the Sherco 4T - I might just have to go again next year on a Beta 4T ! - And yes Gaz - I still have fond memories of riding in the Oswestry area - used to like going over the moors to Llanarmen and also Llangollen - not sure if any of that is still open to bikes. - There used to be a rocky climb going from Glyncaeriog over to Llangollen - I think they called it something like The Altabady - wrong spelling I know - but anyway, one of my first rides was over that way on a 197 James road bike. - think that was the day I decided it would be easier on a Trials bike.