Ymsa Three Day Trial

beta200

I have just come back from the YMSA three day and this was my first visit but it will not be my last, what a great event three days of riding against some of the hardest sections i have ever done.

The weather was perfect for the three days, Saturday was a little hot at Milltown quarry with no shade any where, Bracken rocks was cooler and plenty of shade and you needed it with the sections a little harder than the first day,then it was a dash back to the Bed & Breakfast for a quick shower and change and taxi up to Dudwood farm for the entertainment that had been arranged for the evening.

There was plenty to eat and drink on the Sunday night with music playing all night, trials vids playing onto a van side they make good projector screens. there was a bouncy castke type thing with bungee straps, that fixed round your waist and you had to run down as far as you could before the bungee straps pulled you back great fun for the kids and adults.

Then the mechanical bull turned up and Daniel Knaggs managed to beat the all time record for staying on it.

There was a tug of war which ended up with most people rolling around on the ground, Andy Woodall fell on his elbow and it looked like someone had pushed a tennis ball under his skin, still managed to ride on the Monday and got secound place in adult novice.

On the Monday Barry and Ian and helpers had laid out 12 sections some on the rocks and some down by the stream and a couple up in the woods, a good mixture of sections with varying degrees of difficulty.

Well done to all the lads who travelled down from Scarborough some great results. Must mention Mark Taylor Andy Woodall and Rob Tomlison who managed a 1 2 and 3 in the adult novice, i had a bet on with Rob and it cost me a tenner.

Big thank you to Barry and Ian and there many helpers for putting on such a good event.

Thanks Dave

Ps any idea when results and photos will be on YMSA website.

Edited by davec

Yes great weekend for everyone, but you missed out the wheelie competition which was great fun and won for the second year running by Chris Stay who just got the better of Iwan Roberts by about 5 meters, both lads wheelied for over 100 meters well done to everyone who took part.

• 11 months later...

Great weekend southeast shandy drinking boys wooped you all on the tug of war HAHA! with a little bit of help from the Scarborough boys..

We will be back next year with an even bigger SE posse and hope to finish in one piece. tug of war that is!..Another great event from the YMSA and thanks goes to all that were involved with the laying out and running of the event. CHEERS< we did manage to get a few photo`s heres the link >>>>>>> www.motorbiketrials.com/photo/ymsa3daytrial%2025-08-08/index.htm